Re: Overwhelmed newbie

Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
On fredag 16 september 2005, 14:20, Fritz Brown wrote:

Help!  I have recently begun an attempt to install Debian on a Sony
laptop (Mobile AMD K6-2 550MHz, 64MB RAM), and am thoroughly
overwhelmed with choices about which I know nothing!

Yeah, I can really see that. It is huge, and not easy to gain an overview of. Others mention Sarge, the 3.1 version, and yeah, I wouldn't install Woody, for a desktop, it was allready outdated when it was released. But in fact, I would rather suggest you install Ubuntu, which is not Debian, but based on Debian. Have a look at http://www.ubuntulinux.org/ They'll send you a free CD too!
Cheers,

Kjetil

I really don't think that this is the kind of thing to recommend on d-u without a very good reason.