Re: Targus Presenter USB

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 02:47:50PM +0100, Merlin, the Mage wrote:
> Hi ppl,
>
> I buyed a Targus Presenter (AMP02 EU), and I'm trying to put it to use.
>
> I'm using Debian testing/unstable up-to-date, and xorg
>
> The hardware is recognized ok, and kudzu says:
>
><snip>
>
> First, I had the keyboard part (pageup/pagedown) working oki, adding a new
> InputDevice Section to xorg.conf.
>
> But I couldn't do the same with the mouse, maybe because hotplug is giving the
> same device to both mouses (/dev/input/mice), so I can't configure diferent
> driver for each mouse.
>
> Anyone have a sucessful config for this or any other presenter that I can use,
> or does anyone have any tip that help me config this hardware?

I don't understand what you mean by `couldn't do the same with mouse'.

I have an Epson projector mouse with Page Up/Page Down/Mouse and I got
it working with xorg just by adding:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Projector_Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"Device"		"/dev/input/mice"
	Option		"Protocol"		"ImPS/2"
EndSection

and of course the InputDevice "Projector_Mouse" to the ServerLayout
section of my xorg.conf.

I don't have any problem using the same device for both of my mice. I
don't have an extra keyboard section, but the Page Up/Page Down works
ok.

> Thank you very much everyone,
>
> themage
> --