Re: Compiling Kernel for Bootsplash: The Whole Seven Metres.

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:06:10 +0530
"L.V.Gandhi" <lvgandhi@gmail.com> wrote:

> What is this boot-icons package. I don't have in stable repository.

Hmmm, I guess boot-icons never made it out of unstable.

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=boot-icon&searchon=names&subword=1&version=unstable&release=all

"Display boot progress using graphical icons 0.5: alpha amd64 arm hppa
i386 ia64 m68k mips mipsel powerpc s390 sparc"

It has been quite a while since I installed boot-icons and it has been
sitting forgotten on my machine until I recently installed splashy and
switched to grub as my boot loader and in the process of getting
splashy to work the boot icons started working also.

Later, Seeker