Re: Making a live cd (initrd / kernel panic)

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Patterson, Richard A wrote:

> On our target system, I boot to the cd, grub loads, and the kernel
> appears to load, but then panics...  Cannot mount root fs on
> unknown-block(3,1)

(3,1) is /dev/hda1
	- you need to install the /boot/grub/dxxx_stage_1.5 for that
	partition

> I'm not sure, but I'm afraid that (3,1) coorisponds to the boot
> partition of the first machine (where the initrd was created)...

if you moved grub from xxx system to a differently configured system,
than you have to change /boot/grub/devices.map for the new system

	- you can test it by manually editing the grub lines
	just before it starts to boot at the grub boot menu

c ya
alvin