Re: ldconfig responds with Illegal Instruction, cannot

On 14/09/05, Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:
> Chris Purves wrote:
>
> It's a long shot, but you might try changing the problem machine to
> point to the server used by the non-problem machine.

I was able to solve the ldconfig problem by downgrading libc6 to the
stable version.  Then I tried your suggestion and tried a different
server then upgraded libc6 using aptitude.  Same problem. with Illegal
instruction.

The new version of libc6 has to restart a bunch of services and
recommends a reboot in case there are some problems with different
services, but I'm hesitent to do that with ldconfig not working.
Also, the server is a remote server, so if ssh doesn't come up nicely
after reboot...

--
Take care, eh.
Chris