Maybe OT - Databases for Newbies

I have MySQL installed on my Debian Sarge system and working fine with a PostNuke website. Can anyone recommend a MySQL front end that would allow me as a newbie to install and interface with a web page? This would be for simple applications like making a web page available where people can sign up for event times. E.g. I would want a surfer to see a list of times, enter his name next to a time, and then the database and web page be updated to reflect the new signup.

Thanks any ideas, directions to go, etc. I've googled a lot of mysql frontends etc, but I need some more direction. Thanks! - John