Re: cdrecord won't work - kernel 2.6.10

2005/9/12, Erdi Balint <erdibalint@freemail.hu>:
> Hi Wang,
>
> Thanks for the support. Unfortunately, it did not work.
>
> Finally I could burn a cd with the dev=/dev/hdc setting but I could not
> read the freshly read cd after, the error message was 'Unable to
> identify CD-ROM format.' Which mode do you burn disks in? Raw96r?

You can try

   cdrecord dev=ATA:1,0,0 -scanbus

for me, I did not indicate any additional parameter when burning CD,
just use ``tao'' mode as default.

good luck!

> Thank you,
> Balint
>

> Wang Xu wrote:
> > 2005/9/11, Erdi Balint <erdibalint@freemail.hu>:
> >
> >>Have any of you managed to burn cd-s with kernel 2.6.10? (cdrecord
> >>explicitly says that there can be issues with kernel 2.6.x but I figured
> >>these could be sorted out somehow). Or maybe with kernels 2.6.x (x<10)?
> >>Could you advise anything in this matter? Has the ide_cd solution
> >>developped overtime and can now be used?
> >>

> > Yes, it posts warnings, but it works perfect with parameter
> > "dev=ATA:1,0,0" with my ASUS M2416NE laptop and my desktop.
> >
> > have fun
> >
> > Wang Xu

WANG, Xu
Ph.D. Candidate
Service & Terminal lab,
Wireless Technology Innovation Institute,
Beijing University of Posts & Telecommunications (BUPT)
Postal Add.: P.O. Box 92#, BUPT, Bei Jing 100876, China
Tel.: +86-10-62283699 ext. 311
Fax.: +86-10-62283553
E-mail: gnawux@gmail.com
Blog: http://gnawux.blogchina.com