Precompiled kernels - batteries included.

I've been compiling my own kernels for a good many years.
The charm of it all is starting to fade.

Every time I have to go and find the most recent versions of madwifi,
shfs, lirc and other modules I use that are not included in the kernel
tree. Just getting madwifi right takes an hour every time.

Now I just want to get precompiled kernels, but the ones in sid won't
do it for me. Is there anyone out there that maintains a set of kernel
packages with lots of extras included? And with CONFIG_PREEMPT=y

alex

--
Alex Polite
http://flosspick.org - finding the right open source