Re: Precompiled kernels - batteries included.

Alex Polite wrote:
> And with CONFIG_PREEMPT=y

My understanding of CONFIG_PREEMPT=y is that it does not do what
people think it does.  Last time I read the google hits it was
considered good for simulating MP on single cpu systems and finding
bugs but not so good for reducing latency.  Unless you have some
recent benchmark data which shows a real reduction in latency I would
stick with CONFIG_PREEMPT=n.  Does anyone have any real data that
shows the utility of CONFIG_PREEMPT=y over CONFIG_PREEMPT=n?

Bob