Re: kde 3.4.2 avialabe, any problems?

Apparently, _Rogério Brito_, on 10/09/05 03:21,typed:
> On Sep 09 2005, H. S. wrote:
>
>>Only a few days ago, I couldn't install kdebase but kde-core seemed to
>>be okay. I guess that was since not all applications had been upgraded
>>to 3.4.2. Seems like good progress.
>

> Well, I don't use KDE (lack of computer resources for such a heavy
> desktop environment), but given the above comment, the availability of
> GCC 4 in testing and X.org in sarge, all that I can say is that it seems
> that Debian is, at least from my point of view, working more smoothly
> than it did in the past.
>
> This is, obviously, just my impression on how the release seems to go.
> Kudos to all the Debian maintainers working so well as of late.

I agree. As I said, KDE was broken for quite a while but but was being
fixed. All seems to have been completed in the last few days. During all
these major changes in the last few weeks, I have upgraded my Testing
machine quite a few times and it has gone very well, actually without
problems. Given that the Testing machine is my work machine and all
upgrades went smoothly, it has increased my trust in Debain way of
things. Great job!

->HS

--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address
to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.