Re: kde 3.4.2 avialabe, any problems?

On Sep 09 2005, H. S. wrote:
> Only a few days ago, I couldn't install kdebase but kde-core seemed to
> be okay. I guess that was since not all applications had been upgraded
> to 3.4.2. Seems like good progress.

Well, I don't use KDE (lack of computer resources for such a heavy
desktop environment), but given the above comment, the availability of
GCC 4 in testing and X.org in sarge, all that I can say is that it seems
that Debian is, at least from my point of view, working more smoothly
than it did in the past.

This is, obviously, just my impression on how the release seems to go.
Kudos to all the Debian maintainers working so well as of late.

Cheers, Rogério Brito.

P.S.: I see that we will soon have a newer tetex in Debian (already in
experimental, soon to be uploaded to unstable) and also a new TeX
distribution, TeX Live. It is a good time to work with Free Software
now.
Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/