Re: Current status of cdrecord under linux 2.6.8

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 03:29:21PM -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
> I'm running Sarge/stable. Last week I installed the Linux 2.6 kernel.
> Yesterday I tried to burn a CD and failed. I did some poking around,
> read the man pages, etc., and became convinced that I would not resolve
> this on my own. Does cdrecord work with Linux 2.6 in Etch? Has the
> interface issue that is claimed to have started with Linux 2.6.8 been
> resolved? With what version of Linux? Is there a summary of the
> current status of cdrecord/Linux compatibility somewhere on the web?

I burn CD's using my 2.6 kernel Etch system all the time.  You can't (or I
couldn't) use SCSI emulation, you have to use the ATA transport.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.