Current status of cdrecord under linux 2.6.8

I'm running Sarge/stable. Last week I installed the Linux 2.6 kernel.
Yesterday I tried to burn a CD and failed. I did some poking around,
read the man pages, etc., and became convinced that I would not resolve
this on my own. Does cdrecord work with Linux 2.6 in Etch? Has the
interface issue that is claimed to have started with Linux 2.6.8 been
resolved? With what version of Linux? Is there a summary of the
current status of cdrecord/Linux compatibility somewhere on the web?

TIA

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net