Re: #debian

Josh Battles wrote:

antgel said:
I've probably spent too much time in #debian, where (if feels like)
every second user is complaining about the fact that they can't install
or use ubuntu / knoppix / whatever.

Actually, for those of you who don't already, stop by.  It's good eatin'
and an interesting companion to d-u.

How is the channel?  I've been on there before and it seemed that every time
I asked a question all I got in response were RTFM type of answers.  Is it
still like that?

Yes. My general feeling is that it is still like that (for good or bad).

In any case, I tend use as little IRC as possible because the IRC conversations are not archived as opposed to d-u. So someone seeking an answer to an already known problem can not google it and get the solution. True, many do not read archives but some of us do read them before posting anything.

The second problem is that on #debian there tend to be large number of simultaneous discussions which are difficult to follow ( dont know who is responding to what). This is very confusing. With an email client which respects threads, this problem is non-existent when reading emails on d-u.

just my $0.02
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi