ktechlab on sarge

Please,

there are no packages for ktechlab.

So I download the debs from :

http://ktechlab.fadedminds.com/download/deb/

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libgtkextra:
 libgtkextra depends on libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.6.0); however:
  Package libgtk2.0-0 is not configured yet.

and when I try to install libgtk2.0-0 I get still more dependencies
problems.  When I try to install these depended-upon packages I get
still more dependencies and so on.

I am worried that I will either waiste a lot of time and/or screw up
other applications on my system.

Sorry to be such a coward, but might ktechlab be just too new for my
sarge ?  Any other advice ?

Joe