Re: ktechlab on sarge

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 07:16 +0100, debian wrote:
> Please,
>
> there are no packages for ktechlab.
>
> So I download the debs from :
>
> http://ktechlab.fadedminds.com/download/deb/
>
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libgtkextra:
>  libgtkextra depends on libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.6.0); however:
>   Package libgtk2.0-0 is not configured yet.
>
> and when I try to install libgtk2.0-0 I get still more dependencies
> problems.  When I try to install these depended-upon packages I get
> still more dependencies and so on.
>
> I am worried that I will either waiste a lot of time and/or screw up
> other applications on my system.
>
> Sorry to be such a coward, but might ktechlab be just too new for my
> sarge ?  Any other advice ?

That site says the packages are for sarge, so you should have no
problem.

First, the site says you need three packages from there: libgtkextra,
gpsim and ktechlab.  Obviously you need all of them and I presume you
have used dpkg to install them all?

If that is so, you now want to do:

  apt-get update                         # to get any security updates
  apt-get -u -f install

which will sort out the mess.  The -u option ensures that it tells you
what it is going to do before it starts deleting or overwriting stuff
you want to keep.

Oliver Elphick