Re: offline ?? Re: sendmail trouble

hi ya james

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, James Vahn wrote:

> > i don't know if this was meant to be offline ..
>
> Whoops.

:-) too late now .. but you can repost back to the list ..

> >> FEATURE(`access_db')dnl
> >> FEATURE(`blacklist_recipients')dnl
> >> FEATURE(`greet_pause', `10000')dnl

..

> It will also cause local and LAN traffic to pause, so read the section on
> how to set "GreetPause: localhost 0" in access.db

yeah.. and any other gotcha's along the way ..
	- i tend not to read docs ... but do read um before i give up
	or post questions ...

	- if it doesnt work out of the box, having to read things to
	get it working is a bad thing in my book

	- and i go bonkers on incomplete howto and wiki .. :-0

> > snipplets drove me nuts when i didn't know what else to do with it,
> > so i have some samples in its entirety
> >
> >        http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail/Sendmail/
> >        http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail/etc.mail/
>
> I'll have to go look. Here's another one to cause them grief:
>
>         define(`confBAD_RCPT_THROTTLE', `2' )dnl

i haven't seen/used that one at all ... more stuff to do ( later ) :-)

and worst still ... there'll be lot more reading when sendmail-x comes out
and i skipped figuring out all the milter stuff too

thanx
alvin