Re: offline ?? Re: sendmail trouble

Alvin Oga wrote:

> hi ya james
>
> i don't know if this was meant to be offline ..

Whoops.

>> FEATURE(`access_db')dnl
>> FEATURE(`blacklist_recipients')dnl
>> FEATURE(`greet_pause', `10000')dnl
>
> i don't use greet_pause .. i have no time to sit and test it out .. :-)

There's nothing to test, just drop it into sendmail.mc ..  Spammers don't
like to wait, they start pumping stuff right away and will cause sendmail
to hang up on 'em.

...rejecting commands from [221.126.145.171] [221.126.145.171] due to
   pre-greeting traffic

Works so well, maybe it should be kept secret. ;-)

It will also cause local and LAN traffic to pause, so read the section on
how to set "GreetPause: localhost 0" in access.db

> snipplets drove me nuts when i didn't know what else to do with it,
> so i have some samples in its entirety
>
>        http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail/Sendmail/
>        http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail/etc.mail/

I'll have to go look. Here's another one to cause them grief:

        define(`confBAD_RCPT_THROTTLE', `2' )dnl