network diagnostics

Hi,

I recently switched ISP's (was using Qwest DSL, now i'm using M$N through Qwest (my dad did it!)), anyway, ever since the upgrade i am unable to do just about everything except for browse the net/ftp.  By that i mean... no MSN, Jabber, Yahoo!, IRC, Bittorrent, various media-streaming, etc.  The funny thing is that it all works from my familiy's windoze box.  I tried watching the output of tcpdump -i eth0, but everything looked pretty normal (although i'm admittedly unfamiliar w/ those kinds of tools).  Anyway, i'd like to get to the bottom of why none of my linux boxes are able to use those services, while the windows boxes still can.  This wasn't a problem before the ISP switch.  The new DSL modem they gave us though is doing the routing/dhcp/etc.  Any tips?

Thanks,
Cameron Matheson