Re: Can't recover sound

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 03:00:03PM +0200, Joachim Fahnenmüller wrote:

> So you did 'ps aux' and checked for possibly existing processes, did you?

I did.

> Another tool might be lsof, but I'm not sure how to use it.

This is a good tip, thank you. I tested and I can see that something like

lsof | grep dsp

shows sox/mplayer/realplay. Next time sound hangs, I'll try. Still 'ps
aux' didn't show sound related applications running yesterday... Anyway,
I'll try.

> You could also try to remember which was the last sound program you used before
> the problem came.

That's more difficult. Yesterday, as far as I remember, it happened the
first time I tried to see a movie in the day, so maybe something was left
hanging before the last X logout, or some plugin was launched during
browsing. I don't know.

Thanks again,
       	     						Victor