[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Is it safe to dist-upgrade kde* now?

Kim Adil wrote:

> Subject says it all I think.  I and many others had to roll back, and I
> was advised to hold back. How will I know when to proceed?
> Kim
That will depend on what parts of KDE you have installed and your tolerance
for temporarily missing pieces.  I run apt-get update to snapshot
repository status and the apt-get dist-upgrade to see what would be
removed/held/replaced *if* I said Y(es).  So far, I've declined and settled
for an apt-get upgrade instead ... but it's getting close.

I'll back up my linux partition before downloading and installing this huge
bunch of goodies.


Reply to: