Re: Gnome panel already running - error message

vasaka wrote:

> David Purton wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 09:06:47PM +0200, harry_b@mm.st wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Preston,
>>>
>>> I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution for this issue
>>> yet?

>> I have seen this happen. I fixed things by making sure the number of
>> panels in my session matched the number I wanted running.
>>
>> Open up the gnome session editor and turn things off until they look
>> like what you want. Then save your session.
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> dc
>>

> I encountered this problem too. Also I tried fixing&saving session,
> but restart of PC brings this problem back.

I had this problem and solved by editing my gnome2 session file.
$home/.gnome2/session
I found two entries of gnome-panel there and delete one ( backup first
of course )
Make sure you delete all line which start with the same number as
gnome-panel

5,id=117f000001000112416974900000077100002
5,RestartStyleHint=2
5,Priority=40
5,Program=gnome-panel
5,CurrentDirectory=/home/welly
5,CloneCommand=gnome-panel --sm-config-prefix /gnome-panel-qEyDqA/
5,RestartCommand=gnome-panel --sm-config-prefix /gnome-panel-qEyDqA/
--sm-client-id
117f000001000112416974900000077100002 --screen 0

--w.h--