Re: Gnome panel already running - error message

David Purton wrote:

On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 09:06:47PM +0200, harry_b@mm.st wrote:
Hi Preston,

I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution for this issue yet?

After a recent update (I am running Unstable) I receive an error message
at GNOME startup that states that there is already a panel running.  Once
GNOME finishes starting it offers me a box to "ok", but how can I tell it
to only open one panel to begin with?  Where do I edit this configuration?

I have seen this happen. I fixed things by making sure the number of
panels in my session matched the number I wanted running.

Open up the gnome session editor and turn things off until they look
like what you want. Then save your session.

cheers

dc

I encountered this problem too. Also I tried fixing&saving session, but restart of PC brings this problem back.