Re: Fwd: script to start fetchmail daemon for users on startup

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 04:20:57PM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote :
> ----- Forwarded message from Clive Menzies <clive@clivemenzies.co.uk> -----
>
> > To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> > From: Clive Menzies <clive@clivemenzies.co.uk>
> > Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 16:18:47 +0100
> > Subject: script to start fetchmail daemon for users on startup
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Googling around for ways to start the fetchmail daemon on behalf of the
> > various users, I came across what looks like a good script on the
> > following link:
> > http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=30838
> >
> > The script, written by Vince Parsons, is for Fedora although a debian
> > version is mentioned; there do not however, appear to be any links to a
> > debianised version.
> >
> > I've emailed Vince but his email (yahoo) address appears to have expired
> > and the message was returned.  His site is https://www.vparsons.net/
> > but hasn't been updated since March 2005.
> >
> > The script is attached.
> >
> > From my limited understanding of these things, I assume that I need to
> > amend the file and command locations to reflect the debian file structure.
> >
> > I'd appreciate some guidance.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Clive

no need of such a script! simply look at the documentation
/usr/share/doc/fetchmail and you'll find that you have to put the config
file in /etc (namely /etc/fetchmailrc). Take care at the permissions of
that file, they are of primary importance.

--
Brice Méalier
mealier_brice@yahoo.fr