Apt for organising things other than executables?

Dear All,

Is there a dead easy way of registering a file as having a dependency in
apt?  Can you perhaps recommend a web site that's nice and short and easy
to follow with instructions on how to do this?  And oh, in addition to
short and easy to follow can it also have translations into all known and
unknown languages and be written in a chartacter set recognised by my
computer that runs on 19 1/2 bit chars please? :-) Just short and easy to
follow would do swell.

I'd like to play with using apt as a general method of organising my files
and deleting them when they are no longer in demand.

Regards,

--
Maximillian