Re: question for sources.list

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 07:20:21PM +0200, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 18:59 +0200, roberto wrote:
> > Hello, i was using sarge-testing for my laptop but now that sarge is
> > stable should i modify my sources.list substituting "testing" with
> > "stable"??
>
> Yes.
> But it would have been simpler if you directly used "sarge", instead of
> "testing/unstable/whatever...".

OP has both testing and unstable in his sources.list. He is probably also
using /etc/apt/preferences or might try using it in the near future. OP
should be aware that 'preferences' does not recognize release code names,
e.g. sarge. In preferences, one should use the releases should be called
only, stable, testing, or unstable. Code names do not work there.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net