Re: question for sources.list

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 07:20:21PM +0200, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 18:59 +0200, roberto wrote:
> > Hello, i was using sarge-testing for my laptop but now that sarge is
> > stable should i modify my sources.list substituting "testing" with
> > "stable"??
>
> Yes.
> But it would have been simpler if you directly used "sarge", instead of
> "testing/unstable/whatever...".

... unless, of course, you want to stay in the slightly-less-stable
but continuously modernised "testing" environment rather than the
sarge that you have come to know and love, in which case you should
use "etch".

In any case I would recommend that you use "sarge" or "etch" rather
than "stable" or "testing".  In this way you won't have to ask the
same question when etch becomes stable ;)  You'll have full control
over your dist-upgrades and no unpleasant surprises.

--
David Jardine

"Running Debian GNU/Linux and
loving every minute of it."  -L. von Sacher-M.(1835-1895)