Re: simple exim configuration

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 11:42:57AM -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
> I have read the info file and some man pages and experimented and don't know how to  get exim to deliver mail to a remote site.
>
> I am using 'dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config' to configure.  See file below.
>
> My ISP returns:
>
>   paslist@ultrasw.com
>     Unrouteable address

Are you sure this comes from your ISP?

> I have an idea that there is something about the other addresses in the header that don't match.
>
> Any help, FM's to read would be appreciated.
>
> TIA,
>
> Paul Scott
>

> paul@joy:~$ cat /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf
> # /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf
> #
> # Edit this file and /etc/mailname by hand and execute update-exim4.conf
> # yourself or use 'dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config'
>
> dc_eximconfig_configtype='smarthost'
> dc_other_hostnames='joy:ultrasw.com'

It seems that you have defined "ultrasw.com" not to go to the smarthost.
That means that mail adressed to somebody@ultrasw.com stays in your own
box. That's ok, if your box really is ultrasw.com which it probably is
not. If you have a dynamic IP, you most likely also have a dynamic FQDN
something.ultrasw.com, which should be among dc_other_hostnames.

> dc_local_interfaces='127.0.0.1'
> dc_readhost=''
> dc_relay_domains=''
> dc_minimaldns='false'