Re: etch netinstall

2005/9/1, Alan Ianson <alianson@shaw.ca>:
> On Thu September 1 2005 09:29 am, Ivan Glushkov wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> >  I just tried to install Debian etch using netinstall on my home PC. I
> > always did it that way.. OK, when it did not find my network card I was
> > not surprised (I made an additional CD with kernel 2.6.13 and the LAN
> > divers from Marvell planning to upgrade the kernel, install the network
> > driver and then continue with the installation), but I do not know what to
> > do after I got the message that tha main system cannot be installed. What
> > does it mean? zsh: no matches found: (I made an additional CD with kernel
> > 2.6.13 and the LAN divers from Marvell).Do I have to download the whole 14
> > CDs and install it from there? (btw., I never understood why there are no
> > DVD images for Debian)
>
> There are dvd images of Sarge. I would install the base sarge and then once
> it's up and running edit /etc/apt/sources.list to testing and apt-get update,
> then apt-get upgrade, then apt-get dist-upgrade.
>
> This has always worked for me. I've tried the testing install iso's a couple
> times and have not had good luck with them for unknown reasons, but upgrading
> from sarge has worked well (for me anyway YMMV).
>

> --

I know that you always can perform a complete system-base instalation
with netinstall, no matter if you have your netcard running.

So, after finish the instalation of the system base, you can install
the kernel and drivers form console, and then when you have your
network card recognized run #base-config

--
Franco Gorziglia Cheviakoff
http://www.gorziglia.cl