Re: etch netinstall

On Thu September 1 2005 09:29 am, Ivan Glushkov wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I just tried to install Debian etch using netinstall on my home PC. I
> always did it that way.. OK, when it did not find my network card I was
> not surprised (I made an additional CD with kernel 2.6.13 and the LAN
> divers from Marvell planning to upgrade the kernel, install the network
> driver and then continue with the installation), but I do not know what to
> do after I got the message that tha main system cannot be installed. What
> does it mean? zsh: no matches found: (I made an additional CD with kernel
> 2.6.13 and the LAN divers from Marvell).Do I have to download the whole 14
> CDs and install it from there? (btw., I never understood why there are no
> DVD images for Debian)

There are dvd images of Sarge. I would install the base sarge and then once
it's up and running edit /etc/apt/sources.list to testing and apt-get update,
then apt-get upgrade, then apt-get dist-upgrade.

This has always worked for me. I've tried the testing install iso's a couple
times and have not had good luck with them for unknown reasons, but upgrading
from sarge has worked well (for me anyway YMMV).