Re: Apache2 & MySQL

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 01:46:56PM +0100 or thereabouts, Dave Ewart wrote:
> On Thursday, 01.09.2005 at 08:14 -0400, Steve Å wrote:
>
> > I'm familiar with how Apache 1.3.x is to be setup, but confess I don't
> > understand Apache 2 well.
> >
> > I'm doing a new Sarge installation (offsite) on a box which won't be
> > on the Internet. I installed Apache 2 and PHP 4. PHP is working fine,
> > however in checking my configuration via phpinfo(); I notice that
> > PHP-MySQL isn't enabled.  I have installed anything related to MySQL
> > and PHP4 found via 'aptitude search'.
> >
> > I have searched the archives via Google, I'm not finding anything on
> > how to enable MySQL for Apache 2 specifically. Shouldn't this be set
> > up automatically when the relevant modules are installed via aptitude?

Hello Dave:

> Specifically, have you installed php4-mysql?

Yes.

> And you've restarted Apache after installing stuff, yes?

Absolutely, 'apache2ctl restart'. I realize that the 'php4-mysql' module
probably isn't linked to my Apache conf.

Problem is, I'm not familiar with Apache2. I believe I had to do a symlink
manually for this to work in Apache 1.3.x -- I'm not sure how to do this with
Apache2.

I'll keep digging.

--
Steve <http://sweetpig.dyndns.org:1000/>