Re: Install problem: Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.

brodul wrote:

First I start linux26. But there was an error
.
.
.
<0>Kernel panic Attempted to kill init!

Then I just press Enter. And there is an error to:
.
.
.
Freeing unused kernel memory: 96 k freed
Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.
So you are just booting the CD.. that is odd. Have you tried with a different CD? Which version of Debian are you trying to install? Where did you get the CD, did you download it from debian.org? If so, which image did you download?

-- Michael Spang