RE: Install problem: Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Spang [mailto:mike@midgard.no-ip.org]
Sent: 30. avgust 2005 23:39
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Install problem: Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init=
option to kernel.

brodul wrote:

>I am installing DEBIAN, I press Enter to boot, but then:
>
>.
>
>.
>
>.
>
>Freeing unused kernel memory: 96 k freed
>
>Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.
>

>I am a n00b please explain clear.
>
>Sorry for my EN.

First off, "n00b" tends to a derogatory term. "newbie" is more
applicable here.

The error means you have no init binary on your root filesystem. The
installation must
have failed somehow for this to have happened. Can you provide more
information about
what you've done during your installation attempt?

-- Michael Spang

First I start linux26. But there was an error
.
.
.
<0>Kernel panic Attempted to kill init!

Then I just press Enter. And there is an error to:
.
.
.
Freeing unused kernel memory: 96 k freed
Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.

The PC is
Compaq Deskpro EP Series
Pentium III processor 500 MHz
Cache Size 32/512 KB