Re: Which Java for browser plugins?

Bob Proulx wrote:
> kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
> > Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > > Download your favorite JRE or JDK and then use java-package to build
> > > yourself the Debian package from it.
> >
> > I think the OP wants to know if Debian offers any JRE or JDK instead of
> > building the Debian packages himself.

Yes, that's what I meant.

> That may be true but Debian cannot legally distribute Sun Java
> packages due to the Sun license.  So the only option available for
> users is to build it themselves.

I wasn't asking whether there's an official Debian package
for the Sun Java.  I knew that's impossible exactly for the reason
you explain.  What I was asking was whether there are _free_ Java
components usable as a browser plugin and if there are, which Debian
package contains them.

Well, I didn't explicitly say that, but I mentioned the standard Debian
way, which usually means that you use official _free_ Debian packages
if possible.

Thanks for your response, anyway.

Regards,
Ryo