Re: Which Java for browser plugins?

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 02:18:32PM -0700, furufuru@ccsr.u-tokyo.ac.jp wrote:
Hello Debian users,

I'm wondering which Debian package(s) I should install for Java
plugins for opera and mozilla.  Most of the documents I found on
the net talk about downloading J2RE from a Sun site.  Does this
mean there aren't standard Debian packages which can replace
Sun's Java?

Not that I don't want to use Sun's Java, but that I prefer the
standard Debian way of package management if possible.

Download your favorite JRE or JDK and then use java-package to build
yourself the Debian package from it.

-Roberto
I think the OP wants to know if Debian offers any JRE or JDK instead of building the Debian packages himself.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Graduate Student, MAE