Re: Re: Not able to print page footer or header.

On 08/30/2005 05:40 PM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> I installed cups-pdf, set up the virtual printer and printing to it
> the pdf docs in $HOME/cups-pdf cannot be printed because they contain
> no pages.

Hugo,

What do you mean, "they contain no pages?"

You printed to the cups-pdf printer.  Can you view those files with xpdf
or another viewer?

$ pdfinfo $HOME/cups-pdf/filename.pdf  # anything interesting here?

$ lpr $HOME/cups-pdf/filename.pdf   # should print to the default
printer (if you made your old printer the default printer)

http://localhost:631/admin     will let you manage the cups interface
from your browser.  You'll need your root password unless you added
yourself to the lpadmin group.  In that case, you can use your
user/password for the page login.

I just printed this email to cups-pdf, and here's what I got:

$ ls cups-pdf/
job_252-untitled_document.pdf
$ pdfinfo cups-pdf/job_252-untitled_document.pdf
Producer:       ESP Ghostscript 7.07
Tagged:         no
Pages:          1
Encrypted:      no