How to send hostname through DHCP more often.

I use debian stable (sarge) and the dhcp3-client package. I register
my hostname by adding

send hostname "foo";

in /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf. Everything works fine but for some reason
the DHCP/DNS server (which I don't control) loses the hostname
registration and the next day I need to connect to my machine using
the IP. Once I logon, I do

ifup --force eth0

and the hostname is registered again. This is obviously not nice, so
is it possible to:

1. configure dhclient to send the hostname at a certain interval?
2. configure dhclient to send just the hostname?
3. control the interval at which dhclient renews the lease and set it
to a few hours so that the hostname is sent more frequently?

Do you have any other suggestion for approaching this? Again, I cannot
touch the server.

In the worst case I would probably set a cron job to do "ifup --force eth0" :-(