Re: OT: Who will switch to (or at least try out) Opera now that they have free registrations?

On Tuesday 30 August 2005 12:01, Ian wrote:
> I picked up a copy of it, now I'm surfing sans Ad-bar! It's an OK browser.
> I might use it sometimes.
>
> Anyone else's thought's on it?

I've used it for years. Non-exclusively, though, just for special purposes,
like browsing certain types of websites. I like some of its features. And I
find it takes much less resources from my system than firefox. I've never had
to restart opera for being sluggish, and that's with like 10 or more tabs
open and a few hours of browsing.

Sometimes firefox gets so sluggish I have to 'killall firefox', and if I've
had a few tabs open, even closing them doesn't make things much better.
Admittedly, since I disabled a bunch of extensions I didn't use, things have
got better.

That said, I agree that AdBlock is absolutely missed when using something
other than firefox.
--
~vi