Re: Help: Sarge network configuration

Since it connected with DHCP ok durring install I'm guessing the
drivers and everything are ok with your network card.  Perhaps your
just not supplying enough information in /etc/network/interfaces?

Here's mine:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
    address 10.1.0.59
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    network 10.1.0.0
    broadcast 10.1.0.255
    gateway 10.1.0.254
    dns-nameservers 10.1.0.3
    dns-search mydept.mycompnay.edu
    name Ethernet LAN card

To bring an interface down you'd use "ifdown <interface>" as root.  So
to disable your ethernet you'd do "ifdown eth0".  To bring it back up
(ie, try to connect again) you'd use "ifup eth0".  Make sure to do
them as root or nothing will happen.

Hope that helps.

Ben