Re: support for nvidia nforce2?

Bruno Buys <brunobuys@gmail.com> writes:

>    Thanks! I read some articles over google, and it seems that people
> have used quite experimental drivers with it. The problem is I couldn´t
> figure out how old the articles are. Maybe with current kernels, the
> board is ok.

AFAIR, you need kernel >= 2.4.27 or >= 2.6.7

With older kernel you might experience random hangs. Modern kernel
work fine.

I currently use 2.6.11. Usb devices works fine albeit with a high load
(about 5 during copy on an usb drive). iee1394 support is good, both
lans works (with 2 differents drivers)

SATA is supposed to work but I did not try it.

>    Did you have to tweak debian in order to get the board to work?

No.

> Do you have any idea whether the spdif thing is a driver problem?

Yes and no. The alsa driver cannot drive correctly the spdif output
because the soundstorm chip interfere with the ALC650. The spec of
Soundstorm chip is not public and nobody from alsa project did the
reverse engineering. (there was one volunteer but he has no HW).

See https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=411 for details

Cheers

--
Dominique Dumont
"Delivering successful solutions requires giving people what they