Re: support for nvidia nforce2?

   Hi, Dominique,
Thanks! I read some articles over google, and it seems that people have used quite experimental drivers with it. The problem is I couldn´t figure out how old the articles are. Maybe with current kernels, the board is ok.
   Did you have to tweak debian in order to get the board to work?
Do you have any idea whether the spdif thing is a driver problem?

Dominique Dumont wrote:

Bruno Buys <brunobuys@gmail.com> writes:

I'm considering buying an abit with nforce2 chipset. How does Debian play with it? Any experiences? Another option would be the kt600 via-based boards. Is nforce2 worth the trouble, if any?

Nforce2 boards runs well (I've an a7n8x deluxe).
The only hitch is that the SPDIF output cannot output properly dolby
digital. But this won't bother you if you're not setting up a
home-theater PC.

HTH