Re: Can't install Sarge on an HP NetServer

Hello everybody,
I finally could install Sarge on an HP NetServer LH4. (I could post a report when I'll have all the probelms solved).

First I installed Woody, then I upgraded to Sarge.
I also updated the kernel from 2.2.20 to kernel-image-2.4.27-2-686-smp.
After some problems I could get a working Sarge.

But I also found that the cdrom isn't working anymore:
mount -t iso9660 /dev/hda /cdrom
gives: /dev/hda not a valid block device.
I can get it to work using old kernel on the rescue diskette, but don't know how to solve this.

Does anybody have any hint?

Best regards,
Marco Ballini

Libero Flat, sempre a 4 Mega a 19,95 euro al mese!
Abbonati subito su http://www.libero.it