Re: FW: call for a vote -- should debian-user mailing list replies go to author or to list?

On Sun, Aug 28, 2005 at 06:44:07PM -0700, David Christensen wrote:
> I wrote:
> >     http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.user
>
> Carl Fink wrote:
> > Be warned, that's a one-way thing.  Posts to linux.debian.user don't
> > appear in the mailing list.  If you see something you want to respond
> > to, use e-mail to the list, not the GG functionality.
>
> Ugh.  I would ask "why?", but I don't want to stir up another hornet's nest.

It isn't controversial.  The mail-to-news gateway that serves
linux.debian.user with all the message from debian-user is one-way.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.