Re: call for a vote -- should debian-user mailing list replies go to author or to list?

Paul Gear <paul@gear.dyndns.org> writes:

> BTW, another alternative is to use gmane.org and read the list via
> news. It's also more efficient on your Internet connection if you only
> want to read a subset of the list.

I use Gmane, and love it. This is one issue it doesn't solve, though. If
the mailing list software destroys the Reply-to header, there's no way
for Gmane to accurately guess what address the author wants private
replies sent to.

I probably want my replies to go to the list in 90% of cases, too, but
that doesn't really help me in the cases where I want to reach the
author only, does it?