Re: call for a vote -- should debian-user mailing list replies go to author or to list?

Wulfy wrote:

> That makes me sad as
> this is a wonderful resource, squandered by bad manners.

This list is full of nice people asking for help and even more nice
people giving it.  That is the norm.

Problems arise when people who are new to Debian and Linux begin
demanding changes instead of asking for help.

"Beware 'We should', extend a hand to 'How do I'..."
   --Alan Cox - http://www.linux.org.uk/Papers_CathPaper.cs

> I have had some ideas from this thread.  It should not be difficult to
> make e-mail clients have 4 buttons: Reply-To-Sender, Reply-To-List,
> Reply-To-All and Forward.  Mozilla clients would only need a small
> change in the xul.  Unfortunately, I don't program xul...

Alan also had something to say about wannabe programmers.  They mean
well, but their comments are noise, not signal.  Code is more valuable
than opinion.

Go take your passion and apply it towards finishing your Debian install.
Close mozilla mail and open a bash prompt.