Re: Fwd: vim: non-root user in gnome-terminal

It might be a gterm configuration problem, you said in root no probs,
while in non root you have problems, but non root is a single user
(your personal account)? If yes you could try if vim works in gterm of
another non root user (eventually you could create it).

PAolo

you're right. it works with other users.
Thanks: I then looked at my .vimrc and found the answer: I was using "set columns" and "set lines" in it, which doesn't really make sense in xterm mode

Ciao,

Alex