Fwd: vim: non-root user in gnome-terminal

2005/8/26, Alex <nospam@alessio.marchetti.name>:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running sarge wuith Gnome and I have a problem when I start vim in a
> gnome-terminal (using vi, not gvim).
> No problem when I su root, but as a normal user I notice that any
> document I open gets scrambled as I try to move around the document.
> The document does not really get scrambled, rather it is its view in the
> terminal that does.
> When I resize (drag any border) the comamnd window where vim runs, the
> document view returns normal and since then I have no problems anymore.
>
> The TERM environment variable value is xterm for both root and non-root
> users.
> Any idea about which environment issue could affect vim behavior?

It might be a gterm configuration problem, you said in root no probs,
while in non root you have problems, but non root is a single user
(your personal account)? If yes you could try if vim works in gterm of
another non root user (eventually you could create it).

PAolo

--

if you have a minute to spend pleas visit my photogrphy site:
http://mypic.altervista.org