Re: call for a vote -- should debian-user mailing list replies go to author or to list?

Paul Johnson wrote:

I did propose an answer. Use a modern mail reader. I'm on your side. Sorry for flying off the handle; the sterotypically Californian post by the OP really demonstrates the abrasive ignorance Oregon's had to deal with since I-5 was completed...

Ah! American "politics"... I live in the UK. Sometimes our common language is... less than clear.

The problem is, that I thought I *was* using a modern browser. I use Mozilla Suite here in Windows and I'll be using Thunderbird when I get my Debian install sorted.

Whether the solution sought by the OP was the one that should be, is irrelevant to the fact that there *is* a problem. If there is a better technical solution than munging, I'll use it in a flash. As it stands, my client doesn't do what I expect when I press Reply... doesn't that article say something about "the principle of least surprise" or some such? :)

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.