Re: Can't install Sarge on an HP NetServer

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 01:24:42PM +0200, marco_elen wrote:

> I can't install Sarge on a HP server (NetServer LH4) because I get
> an error related to Symbios SCSI:
> error while loading "modprobe -v sym53c8xx_2".
(snip)
> I was suggested using Knoppix but I don't know how to install Debian
> using Knoppix.

I think the usual reason to suggest Knoppix is that it seems to have
more success in recognizing hardware.  So boot Knoppix and poke around
in the boot and log messages to see if there is anything there that
will help you get it to work in Debian proper.

Public GnuPG key:  http://maurits.vanrees.org/var/gpgkey.asc
"It can seem like you're doing just fine,
but the creep's creeping into your mind." - Neal Morse