Can't install Sarge on an HP NetServer

Hello,

I can't install Sarge on a HP server (NetServer LH4) because I get an error related to Symbios SCSI:
error while loading "modprobe -v sym53c8xx_2".

With dmesg I get this extra info:
sym0: <895> rev 0x1 om pci bus 1 device 7 function 0 irq 11
sym0: No NVRAM, ID 7, Fast-40, LVD, parity checking
CACHE TEST FAILED: reg dstat-sstat2 readback ffffffff.
sym0: CACHE INCORRECTLY CONFIGURED
sym0: gigving up...
Intel ISA PCIC probe: not found

I searched the debian archives and the web but found no help.

I''ve tried disabling acpi, booting with "linux acpi=off pci=noacpi" and also with "linux noapic nolapic" (I actually don't know what these mean).

I was suggested using Knoppix but  I don't know how to install Debian using Knoppix.

Furthermore I tried booting with "linux26" but I get Kernel Panic.

I don't know what what to do now and I'd prefer not to go back to RedHat. May anyone please help me?

Best regards,
Marco Ballini